The Pitt Meadows Annual Community Service Awards took place on Friday when members of the community were honoured for their contributions.
The winners received plaques during the ceremony which was part of Christmas in Pitt Meadows celebrations.
The awards were established to acknowledge the achievements of local organizations, individuals and businesses.
“Residents go above and beyond to help their neighbours and I am so pleased to recognize these individuals for their efforts. Our Community Service Awards nominees and recipients deserve special recognition for their outstanding commitment to the well-being of our community,” stated Mayor Nicole MacDonald.
Here are the winners:
- The Spirit of Pitt Meadows Award went to Tom Hardy for his individual dedicated work with the Pitt Meadows Lions Club for 40 years and his volunteerism in the community.
- The Community Service Award went to Daniel Whelan, recognizing his selfless volunteering services for the Ridge Meadows Hospital and Baillie House.
- The first Community Service Youth Award recognized under 18 youth, Ruby Gibb for her involvement in helping school peers, and incoming students and organizing events as a volunteer for the Student Leadership Group at her school.
- The second Community Service Youth Award which also recognizes positive efforts by youth under 18, went to Karl Estampador for his ongoing volunteer service with the Levra Foundation. Last year he distributed 15 care packages to migrant farm workers in Pitt Meadows through the Rising Youth grant.
- The Good Neighbour Award was received by Ena d’Ambrumenil who has helped out at various Pitt Meadows events, volunteered at the Ridge Meadows Hospice Thrift Store and is an ambassador for Alisa’s Wish.
- The Business of the Year Award went to Hollywood 3 Cinemas for providing residents with an opportunity to re-watch and enjoy blockbuster films since they opened in 2010.